In other news, my school has a projector! The teachers never use it, though probably because many of them do not how to use a computer. This is a great resource that I hope to use in the classroom. Teachers here rarely use visual aids when teaching... Right now I only teach 2 hours per day so the highlight of my week was definitely receiving a package from mom yesterday (it took about 3 weeks). The postal system is strange here because there are no street names or house numbers. My host mother told me to look in my room and the package was waiting for me on the table. I have no idea if the post office called my host mom, but somehow my package arrived! Volunteers say if you send anything after November 1 it will take several months to arrive here because the postal service basically shuts down during the holidays. If you feel like sending me an early Christmas present, I’m creating a wish list on a new tab in my blog =)
I had my first tutoring session and it went great. Another teacher my age is tutoring me at the art school nearby. The people who work at the art school are awesome so I’m hoping to make friends with all of them. And they have one of the few indoor toilets in the entire village. We will be best friends by winter. In a few hours I’m going back to the art school to learn traditional Armenian dances!
Remember how I said the President came to my area? Well here is an article about his visit if you are interested:
Hi Ashley,
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are finally teaching and working with children. I'd love to see pictures of the girls at the art school and folk dancing. We did folk dancing in college many years ago. Please specify in your wish list the size of clothing/socks/tights you wear. Adele
BAH! I LOVE Bridget Jones's Diary, and EVERYONE made fun of me for laughing out loud when I read it!!!! I'm so happy you like it, after you read the second book, I will send you my copy of the DVD if you want it! SOooooo good!
ReplyDelete