Applicant Timeline

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Halloween invaded Armenia this weekend and it was great!  I was lucky enough to go to 2 parties and teach several of my classes about Halloween.

On Friday I traveled to another town to celebrate Halloween with a bunch of other volunteers.  The weather was awful, but we had still had a lot of fun.  I explored the town and stayed with another volunteer at her host family’s house. On Friday we watched Rocky Horror and Hocus Pocus on a projector and make-shift movie screen.  On Saturday we all dressed up in ridiculous costumes and had a good time.  The time changed in Armenia on Sunday morning so we gained a much needed hour of sleep.  Monday night I spent several hours at the Halloween party at my village’s art school.  The children were all wearing scary make-up and the adults even dressed up.  We did everything from carving pumpkins, toilet paper mummies to painting pumpkins only using your nose.  Of course it wouldn’t have been a real party without the musical chairs, limbo or Armenian dancing.  Take a look at the pictures below, they can explain my weekend much better than I can J
This week I have already taught 3 classes about Halloween and hopefully will teach 2 more tomorrow.  Thanks to everyone who sent Halloween items, everything from the candy corn to the stickers have been a great hit! The students really liked the idea of Halloween because nothing like that exists in Armenia.   





No comments:

Post a Comment