Sorry I haven't posted in so long! My computer got a virus 3 weeks ago and no one has been able to fix it yet..... Hopefully I can get it fixed before I move to my new site. I check my internet once a week at another volunteer's house so please feel free to keep emailing me.
I finally have a door again!! A few days ago a beautiful new door appeared in my room: it has done wonders for my sanity here. Things are great with my family and village. Two weeks ago each village had to create a communtiy project and ours turned out great. We decided to have a Sports/Clean-Up day for the children. We got the mayor to donate 2 new soccer nets, trashcans and trashbags. We played multiple team building games with the children and then had them help us clean up the soccer field. The field is now in great condition and there are trashcans at the scool and mayor's office.
Today we started model school and basically taught an English summer camp. It went well! The students spoke great English and were eager to learn more. I will team teach a few more times with different age groups to prepare for my new site. As soon as my computer gets fixed I promise to post more pictures!


soooooo sad! Also, it was so great to hear your voice! I miss you. Hopefully your package gets there soon so you won't forget what my face looks like. (Teaser: I sent you a picture that you'll never be rid of. haha.)
ReplyDelete