Applicant Timeline

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Small Things

What started as an awful week eventually turned into a week full of small, wonderful moments. 

A boy from my 7th form class brought me a bouquet of tulips from his mother’s garden “so I would be happy again.” 


I had 6 students compete in the Koghb Poetry Competition with Susan and Fred, volunteers from Noyemberyan, as judges.  Each student who participated received an English book (Thanks mom and Andy for getting those to Armenia!)


I brought 4 of my students to the Noyemberyan Regional Competition.  They didn’t place, but they are excited to try again next year now that they know what the judges are looking for. Also, I am freakishly tall in Armenia.


We found asparagus in Noyemberyan, I don’t have a picture of the delicious food, but I do have a picture of us volunteers smiling because we found it haha.


I taught an awesome lesson on past tense irregular verbs today with my counterpart.  For the first time since I have been here she complimented me on the lesson plan and said that the children learned a lot today.  So things are definitely starting to look up in my village again.  I leave for Portugal in one week and I promise to come back with lots of pictures J

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy! I miss you a lot, but I'm glad things are looking up :) So excited for June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I wish this would have my name and not my failed attempt at a Spanish blog. I worry that you'll forget who I am.

    ReplyDelete