Applicant Timeline

Wednesday, May 23, 2012


Thanks to everyone who sent me a birthday card or package! I had a pretty good first birthday in Armenia.  My students decorated the blackboards and sung happy birthday to me.  Then my Armenian friend Manik had a surprise birthday lunch for me at a café with a few teachers.  It was really nice to get together outside of school. 


Later that day Danelle and I went to the huge monument in Noyemberyan and chilled there for a few hours.


I went to Yerevan on Friday for a meeting and met up with some other volunteers at our hostel. We spent the afternoon at an outdoor cafe, summer is finally here! We had a great time dancing the rest of the night and I went back to my village the next day.

Today I am traveling to Yerevan to meet the new volunteers.  A few of us will stay at their hotel and help them adjust to Armenia.  I barely remember those first few days because we were sleep deprived and jet lagged so it will be interesting to do it again!  
23 days until Florida :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how beautiful and green Armenia looks.
    Target icees and popcorn soon! :)

    ReplyDelete